Email is an incredible method to connect with your clients, as are chatbots. When you use them together you can computerize your business on a completely unique dimension. Chatbot innovation is digging in for the long haul, so the sooner you receive it and join it with your email showcasing endeavors, the snappier you will grow a fruitful business. Need help? Call us today!
AI chatbots are powerful. Moreover, According to Gartner, by 2020, you’ll be more likely to talk to a chatbot than to your spouse.
Many even believe their rise means the end of email marketing. Perform a simple Google search and you will see mountains of articles discussing the rivalry between these two marketing channels.
However, when discussing the death of email marketing, we usually forget that this is one of the oldest and yet, most powerful and profitable digital marketing practices. According to Salesforce, for every $1 you spend on email marketing, you will get $38.
Email already survived the rise social media marketing and it will survive chatbots, too. But, instead of talking about email and chatbots as two opposite marketing aspects that have nothing in common, why not pair them and use their potential to the max?
Here are a few ways to do so.
Looking at the Big Picture: The Role of Chatbots in Digital Marketing
AI-powered chatbots provide digital marketers with multiple benefits.
- Chatbots offer real-time customer support, helping your customers find the desired answers without leaving your site or social media profile. They’re there for your customers 24/7, providing them with precise, relevant and, above all, polite feedback. Precisely because of that, many customers prefer to talk to chatbots rather than your customer service representatives.
- Chatbots provide highly personalized user experiences and build close relationships with customers. AI Chatbots can collect valuable meta-data about customers and offer personalized messages about products or services. Look at Sephora that uses their Messenger bot to learn more about customers and provide them with the right tips and product suggestions.
- Chatbots reinforce your brand personality by letting you set your brand tone and use it consistently. The interaction between a chatbot and a customer is professional, friendly and, above all, natural. Research claims 63% of users talk to a chatbot without even knowing it.
- Chatbots can even help your SEO efforts. For example, by analyzing your chatbot data, you will be able to identify social media influencers that already follow you, learn more about them, and use this data in your further outreach campaigns. You can later use link prospector tool that will automatically collect the data about your prospects and tell you whether they’re the right choice for you.
- Chatbots are a new opportunity for creating interactive content. By developing natural and interactive chatbot scripts, you are giving your customers the opportunity to choose their own flow of the story. One such example is Spiderman bot created by Marvel Comics that provides users with multiple questions and lets them choose their own adventure.
1. AI Helps You Generate More Leads
Generating new leads and nurturing them is the nerve center of your business. The rules are clear — no leads, no sales. While generating qualified leads is the top priority for over 70% of marketers, 63% of them emphasizethat this is one of their major challenges.
Namely, most leads marketers generate via traditional lead gen forms are useless. These leads could be either invalid (meaning that a user leaves the wrong email address, name, or phone number) or outdated.
With chatbots, you can minimize these issues significantly. Given that 45% of customer data is submitted via mobile devices, using a bot instead of a lengthy signup form can make the onboarding process more pleasant and faster.
Chatbots interact with your customers naturally by educating them and providing them with highly targeted content. Most importantly, you can use them to let your target audience know of your time-sensitive offers and deals. For example, when launching a live video or a webinar, why not send notifications to your followers via a social media chatbot?
This is also a great opportunity to deliver value to your customers across multiple channels. No matter if a customer wants to find a relevant piece of content, solve a problem, or learn more about your products and deals, your chatbot will humanize the interaction and make it smoother. Once the relationship with the customer is built, your Messenger chatbot could ask a customer whether they want to receive your emailed newsletter. If they say yes, then ask them about what particular topics, trends, and issues they want to read about. This is how you will learn more about your customers and provide them with highly personalized content your leads will want to receive.
2. Personalize User Experiences
In today’s customer-centric marketing landscape, just sending out generic emails to anyone on your email list doesn’t work. People expect you to provide relevant and targeted user experiences. Personalized emails can increase your open rates significantly. Moreover, such emails boost customer engagement by 74% and drive 18x more revenue.
There are numerous ways to segment your email lists for more customized user experiences. You could do so by the signup source, demographics, preferences, cart abandonment, purchase history, and so forth. For example, Adidas segments their email list by gender, while Chewy sends out emails based on customers’ previous experiences.
And, this is exactly where chatbots can help. You probably already know that chatbots are one of the most powerful ways to personalize user experiences. A perfect example of that is BabyCentre UK — a prominent pregnancy and childcare platform in the U.K. They use a Messenger bot to ask each parent a specific set of questions and familiarize with their problems and needs. Then, based on their answers, the chatbot provides highly personalized tips and content.
Logically, this customer information will not only help you deliver targeted content via email but also boost your email marketing campaigns. Chatbots are a treasure trove of customer data you can use when creating your content. Getting to know your target audience better, you will be able to address the problems they face and provide valuable and actionable solutions to them. Most importantly, you will segment your email lists effectively, ensuring that each customer group gets the content that makes sense for them.
3. Use Chatbots to Remind Customers about Unopened Emails
There are many reasons why we send emails to our customers. Maybe you’re running a time-sensitive contest or you want to share your latest piece of content with them. What about reminding customers about their abandoned shopping carts? Unfortunately, your customers’ inboxes are overcrowded and your emails may go unnoticed. This is exactly where chatbots step in.
Namely, you can use chatbots to reach out to your customers and remind them about their unopened emails. Inform them about the subject of the email and encourage them to read it for more information. This will increase your open rates, enhance your CTR and conversions, and even help you retarget customers effectively.
4. Promote your Chatbot in your Emails
Your goal is to provide customers with the multi-channel customer support, irrespective of their location, device, or time zone. When sending the link, explain its purpose — providing instant customer support and helping them solve their problems faster. This could also help with online purchase confirmations your customers get via email. Encourage customers to use your chatbot if they have any questions about their order or delivery status.
Over to You
Over the past few years, we talked about “social media vs. SEO,” “email marketing vs. social media,” “SEO vs. PPC” and now we combine these digital marketing channels to achieve better campaign results. The same goes for chatbot marketing and email marketing.
It’s not a competition.
Artificial intelligence takes email marketing to a whole new level. It will increase your lead generation efforts. It boosts your open rates delight by helping you send highly personalized content to the customers that really care about it. Most importantly, it humanizes your brand interactions and builds firmer relationships.